In recognition that the safety of students is of paramount importance, parents/caregivers, drivers, and students are requested to observe the following guideline
Parents/caregivers are requested to:
- Ensure their child is at the door and is ready for boarding five minutes prior to the stated departure time.
- Ensure, as necessary, that there is a responsible individual available to meet the vehicle after school.
- Have alternate arrangements in place for those times when the vehicle is delayed. Drivers are expected to:
Drivers are expected to:
- Operate the vehicle in a professional manner at all times.
- Not leave the stop location prior to the stated departure time.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of students at the vehicle, when required (as in the case of students in wheelchairs).
- Report student misconduct to the parents.
- Ensure order and safety of the students in the vehicle.
- Be courteous to all students, parents and school board staff.
Students are expected to:
- Arrive at the stop location and be ready to board five minutes prior to the stated departure time.
- Remain safely seated whenever the vehicle is in motion.
- Behave responsibly and follow any instructions given by the driver.